Hawaii Island is a home to some of the best hiking trails in the state, and visitors can explore everything from hidden waterfalls to ancient Hawaiian ruins. With its diverse landscape and friendly locals, homes for sale big island Hawaii is a must-see destination for anyone visiting Hawaii.
If you’re considering moving to Hawaii, there are some important things to know before jumping. Here are six tips for living in paradise:
- Make sure you have a solid financial plan – Hawaii is an expensive place to live, and moving there without a plan will likely end in frustration. Figure out what your monthly expenses will be, and make sure you have enough money saved up to cover them.
- Don’t buy a house before moving – This is one of the biggest mistakes people make when moving to Hawaii. If you don’t have a job yet, you can’t afford a house. If you’re not committed to staying in Hawaii, you’ll wish you had never bought it when leaving.
- What to Bring: – Bring a suit, but don’t wear it to your job interview. – If you’re planning on spending time with other people that aren’t your friends, bring flip-flops and comfortable clothing. You’ll be wearing them a lot.
Housing: Finding the right place to live in Hawaii isn’t easy. It took me a while, but I eventually found the perfect place for me in my apartment complex. I’ve written about all the things to look for when looking for an apartment.
- The first thing you need to do is get your utilities set up. There are different ways to do this, but I prefer the phone company’s and my apartment complex’s numbers. If you’ve brought a mobile phone, there’s no reason to change it.
- You will want to get a gas and electric bill from each utility company and a water bill. You’re here for the first few months; you’ll pay for everything on your credit card and then transfer the money to your account.
- Jobs: What to expect in the job market
- You can expect a decent wage, but not a fortune. You’ll get at least just over minimum wage and probably make more depending on your job.
- You will be expected to work 40 hours per week, sometimes even more. It is standard in the US, and you should also expect it here.
- You can expect to work with just about anyone from any level of education.
- Expect to work up and down ladders regularly.
Conclusion: Moving to homes for sale big island Hawaii is a great opportunity, but be prepared!